If you are new to lifting weights and want a workout that is simple to follow and won´t leave you gazing around the gym wondering what you are supposed to be doing next, then this is the workout for you.
This workout is designed to build core strength (perfect for those Army exercises) and make you stronger all round. It will also help to prepare your legs for running as it has exercises that directly targets your calf’s and quads.
Another great thing about this particular workout is that you only have two workouts to perform and rotate them each time you visit the gym, hence the name One/Two workout. Simple doesn´t mean easy though!
The One/Two Full Body Workout
- Level – Beginners – Intermediates
- Focus – Core Strength and muscle gain
- Days Per Week – 3 (Mon, Wed, Fri). You will rotate between 2 workouts. Week 1 is 1/2/1, and week 2 is 2/1/2.
|Seated Calf Raise||2||10-20|
|Weighted Sit Up||2||10-20|
|Incline Dumbbell Bench Press||4||8-10|
|Standing Calf Raise||2||10-20|
|Hanging Knee Raise||2||10-25|
- Constantly push for more. Once you are able to complete 10 reps per set for any exercise, increase the weight.
- Rest. Rest approximately 2 minutes between sets. Allow more time if needed on Squats and Deadlifts to enable you to lift more
- Warm up properly. Although this workout does not contain warm up Sets, avoid injury by completing a 10 minute complete warm up and stretch routine
Have you tried this workout? We would really like to hear about your thoughts and progression.